Tuesday 22 March 2016

MCM Birmingham Comic Con 2016

This weekend was a weekend my oldest and me have been waiting for, the chance to go back to comic con a convention of all things comic and movie related.

This was the second time for my daughter and third for me, the first time we went I took all three of the little monsters ( one being 4 at the time and the other only 1 ) on my own ( bad idea ).

The younger two hated every minute which made it no fun for me and the oldest and we were unable to enjoy it, the second time I went kid free and again  found myself not enjoying it as much as I should, so this time I took the opportunity to spend some much needed time just me and my big girl.

(Check out mini batman photo bombing ) 

This time around we were able to relax and had so much fun, every time I go to comic con I am always amazed by how friendly everyone is, everyone there sharing a common interest and just wanting to have fun. You can tell that everyone who has dressed up has put in so much time and effort into there work and they just want to show it off. 


Everyone we ran into she wanted a picture with and everyone was more then happy to take the time to have a picture with her, she knows there only costumes but even if only for a few seconds it brought some of her favourite characters ( and mine ) to life and made her smile from ear to ear. 



Some of the highlights were the amazing captain jack sparrow who had the character so spot on even down to the voice that it could have been Jonny depp himself, she got to meet her favourite Harley Quinn, ride on a Pod racer and even try on a storm trooper helmet. 



All in all we both had an amazing day, picked up some goodies, and I believe it has brought us closer together, so if like us your into comics or movies of all kinds look out for the next one and go along your have a blast!!

Here is a little video of our trip to MCM Comic Con 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment