Tuesday 26 January 2016

First Post - Pink


So here's the thing, sometimes I feel like I'm lost at sea in an ocean of pink waiting for the next dad-eating cuddly unicorn to attack. I get this feeling every time I enter the girls room, pink walls, pink bedding, pink curtains and heaps of pink toys.

Living in a house with my three daughters and wife isn't the most macho of places, its a place where you do three washing loads of different shades of pink clothes, before you even touch the darks. Its a place where even our kitchen is pink.

Ive tried to introduce macho things, football, (boring) star wars, (failed) wrestling (someone got hurt . . . . .me!) and then there was carpet KUNG-FU!

We used to listen to bands like Green Day, Foo Fighters and Muse, now long car journeys are made up of the frozen sound track (on repeat) where all of us know every word! Yes even my 2 year old!

We used to have 'friends' round for the big match but once you have been punched in the 'crutch' by a 6 year old (KUNG-FU stuck) and covered in glittery lip gloss, the likely hood of them coming back for more is 0%.
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change my life for anyone's (maybe the odd exception) I love my family, after my music of course!!

My girls teach me something new everyday and there is NEVER a dull moment, my new favourite colour is pink and I can tell you the name of every my little pony and I also now know what a shopkin is, in return they can tell you every marvel character and that Lionel Messi won the ballon d'or.

Our life is made up of walks in the park, play fights on the rug and lots of laughter and love and every now and again a 2 year old running around in just her pants singing "let it go" at the top of her voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment