Sunday 31 January 2016

A Normal Morning (NOT SO)

On a morning where my wife is working my day starts like this;

Me face down in bed half awake, half asleep. Its 7am on the dot, I know this because my alarm is standing next to me.

I have that feeling you sometimes get, the feeling that someone is watching you and someone is watching me. My eldest daughter, stood there, silently not saying a word, just staring like a blonde version of the girl from The Ring.

This is how I know its 7am, her body clock is better than any alarm. The first few times this happened I'm not gonna lie It scared me but now its the norm, as I look up at her with one eye open she says what she always says " Mums normally up by now!"

This is something that I hear very often from all 3 girls (yes even my 2 year old) when the girls have the pleasure of me for the day, while mummy works. A few other favourites are;

"Mum doesn't make breakfast like that!"
"Mums normally made lunch by now!"
"Mum picks clothes that match!"

I often wonder if my wife hears the opposite from them when I'm at work.

"Dad lets us eat chocolate for breakfast!"
"Dad lets us stay up till 11 o'clock!"
"Dad told me I can wear pants on my head if I want!"

So anyway its 7am and nearly time to get up. . . . another 20mins wont do any harm!

"Back to bed for 20minutes sweetheart" and off she STOMPS!!

Now I learnt my lesson a long time ago that even tho she is 9 years old, she is much smarter than me in every way imaginable. I can guarantee at 7.20am on the dot she will be back by my bed.

So the morning has just begun and with three girls with three different but yet amazing personalities things can only get better, right?


This is my 7am wake up call. Wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment